Day of Laser Eye Surgery – LASIK, PRK or LASEK
Day of Surgery
Please arrive to our Toronto LASIK centre 30 minutes before your scheduled surgery time. If you are unable to keep your appointment, please contact us 24 hours before your scheduled surgery.
- You may eat and drink normally but refrain from taking alcohol and medications, which may cause drowsiness.
- You should anticipate being at the clinic for approximately two hours.
- Do not wear eye makeup or earrings on the day of the procedure.
- Use a fragrance free soap and avoid the use of colognes or perfume which can affect the proper functioning of the laser.
- If you wear daily soft contact lenses, they should be removed at least seven days prior to your procedure. Extended wear contacts should be out for a minimum of one week and rigid gas permeable hard contact lenses should be discontinued for a minimum of four weeks prior to your procedure. Understand that these are minimum recommendations and more time may be required to produce stability in your prescription.
Patients typically require three to four days to recuperate from PRK and LASEK and generally one day for LASIK. Please have someone available to drive you home from the clinic as you will not be able to drive yourself. Dr. Goldberg will prescribe antibiotic eye drops.
You may eat and drink normally but refrain from taking alcohol and medications, which may cause drowsiness. You should anticipate being at the clinic for approximately two hours.