Lasik vs Lasek
I am considering having laser vision corrective surgery and was wondering what is the difference between Lasik and Lasek?
This is a great question that we often get. Firstly, to begin, it is important to know that at Goldberg Laser Vision Correction we only perform the Lasek method as we feel it is the safest procedure with the quickest recovery time. In your first consultation with our surgeon he will provide you a much more in-depth answer to your question but below, you can find a few key differences between Lasik and Lasek.
- Starts with a local anesthesia and a mild sedative
- A small incision is made to your eye to create a thin corneal “flap.”
- This flap exposes the deeper layers of your cornea permitting the doctor to use the laser to correct your vision
- Once the procedure is completed, the flap is then folded back, and it begins to heal without any stitches
- Unlike the Lasik method (described above) there is no requirement to make a corneal flap
- This means there is no incision that has to be made to your eye which is one of the key reasons why we perform the Lasek method vs Lasik
- Like Lasik, in Lasek we use a bladeless laser to correct your vision
- Once the procedure is complete we give you a protective contact lens to wear for a few days to ensure your eyes heal properly and eliminates the risk of infection
LASEK is one of the most advanced and safest procedures for laser vision correction. Call us today to learn more and book your consultation with our medical consultant. 416-412-4441