Lasik vs NO-CUT
I am considering having laser vision corrective surgery and was wondering what is the difference between Lasik and NO-CUT?
This is a great question that we often get. Firstly, to begin, it is important to know that at Goldberg Laser Vision Correction we only perform the NO-CUT method as we feel it is the safest procedure with the quickest recovery time. In your first consultation with our surgeon he will provide you a much more in-depth answer to your question but below, you can find a few key differences between Lasik and NO-CUT.
- Starts with a local anesthesia and a mild sedative
- A small incision is made to your eye to create a thin corneal “flap.”
- This flap exposes the deeper layers of your cornea permitting the doctor to use the laser to correct your vision
- Once the procedure is completed, the flap is then folded back, and it begins to heal without any stitches
- Unlike the Lasik method (described above) there is no requirement to make a corneal flap
- This means there is no incision that has to be made to your eye which is one of the key reasons why we perform the NO-CUT method vs Lasik
- Like Lasik, in NO-CUT we use a bladeless laser to correct your vision
- Once the procedure is complete we give you a protective contact lens to wear for a few days to ensure your eyes heal properly and eliminates the risk of infection
NO-CUT is one of the most advanced and safest procedures for laser vision correction. Call us today to learn more and book your consultation with our medical consultant. 416-412-4441