Goldberg Centre Laser Vision Correction & Eye Surgery Clinic (“Goldberg LVC”) respects the privacy of visitors to our online site. By visiting our website or by signing up via our website, you acknowledge that you accept and consent to our privacy practices as outlined in this policy.
By evaluating and analyzing feedback and behavioural patterns across our website’s pages, through our code, software and service, our clients can improve the functionality of their websites and make them more user-friendly, more valuable and simpler for you to use.
Although this might sound scary, we ensure you that by sharing your behavioural patterns and any other information as described in this policy, with us and with our clients, you would be helping our clients provide you with a better experience and service.
Goldberg LVC will only collect personally identifiable data, such as your name, address, telephone number, or e-mail address, when it is voluntarily submitted to us at this website. This information is maintained in private files on our secure internal systems. Goldberg LVC and/or the companies we hire will use this information to comply with your request for information or as otherwise disclosed to you at the location at which you submit your information. This information enables Goldberg LVC to deliver your orders to you. From time to time, we may refer to that information to better understand your needs and how we can improve our products and services. We may use that information to contact you. To unsubscribe from Goldberg LVC communications, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
Active collection: information you provide to us when signing up to our site. When creating an account, or signing-up for content or offers, we may ask you to provide us with your name, email address and details about your organization. We will only use this information to provide you with the service that you signed-up for and where we would like to use the contact details you have provided us with for any other purpose we will inform you and obtain your consent before proceeding.
Passive collection: information which is automatically collected, without your knowledge, whilst navigating through and interacting with the content on our site and the content on each of our clients’ site pages, as well as information on your device or computer (such as cookies).
The sole purpose of passively collecting your information is to improve your experience when using our site and web services. The tracking codes embedded on our website, collects information such as:
The following information may be collected through your device and browser:
- your device’s IP address (collected and stored in an anonymized format);
- device screen size;
- device type (unique device identifiers) and browser information;
- geographic location (country only);
- preferred language used to display the webpage.
Goldberg LVC servers automatically record information which is created upon using our site. Data includes:
- referring domain;
- pages visited;
- geographic location (country only);
- preferred language used to display the webpage;
- date and time when website pages were accessed.
Cookies are small data files transferred onto computers or devices by websites for record-keeping purposes and to enhance functionality on the website.
Most browsers allow you to choose whether to accept cookies or not. If you do not wish to have cookies placed on your computer, please set your browser preferences to reject all cookies, before accessing our site. Please note that by doing so some features of our website may be unavailable.
THIRD PARTY SERVICES
We use a variety of services hosted by third parties, such as Google Analytics and Optimizely. These services may collect information sent by your browser as part of a web page request, such as cookies or your IP request. For information on how Google Analytics and Optimizely collect and use your information, please refer to their privacy policies. By using our site, you consent to the processing of data by these third parties in accordance with their privacy policies.
Goldberg LVC will not sell, rent or loan the personally identifiable information you provide at this website to any third party. We do not store any personal medical information on this website.
This Goldberg LVC website also uses information in aggregate form to track the total number of visitors to our site, the number of visitors to each page of our site, and the domain names of our visitors’ Internet service providers. No personally identifiable information is available in this process. The website may use a technology called “cookies”. A cookie is a token that a server gives to your browser when you access a website. Cookies are capable of storing many types of data. Cookies help provide additional functionality to the site or to help us analyze site usage more accurately. For instance, our server may set a cookie that keeps you from having to enter a password more than once during a visit to one of our sites. In all cases in which cookies are used, the cookie will not collect personally identifiable information except with your explicit permission.
We use a 128-bit encryption and a security firewall to protect the confidentiality of customer information. Any credit card and related personal information provided by the customer remains strictly confidential and is only used for the express purpose of collecting funds as designated by the customer. In the event fraudulent or stolen credit card information is used, we will cooperate with law enforcement agencies and concerned financial institutions and follow all applicable laws as required.
We provide our clients with a tracking code, which will be used to collect your information and transmit this to our servers. This tracking code will automatically collect the information based on your activity and store it in our servers, for our client’s analysis. Information will also be collected from cookies which will be placed on your computer or device by the website.
We do not knowingly or intentionally collect any personal information from minors.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
www.goldbergcentre.com respects and strives to comply with the laws regarding privacy of personal and medical information in Canadian and Ontario.
The information provided here on this website is for the purposes of a Canadian audience only.
DISCLOSING YOUR INFORMATION
- We will also disclose your personal information as well as any client information where we are bound to do so, at law or via a court order, to meet any legal or regulatory requirement or obligations. We will use all reasonable efforts to ensure that those requirements or obligations are in accordance with applicable law.
- We reserve the right to disclose your information as well as client information to any third party if we have reasonable information to believe that the disclosure is necessary for the purpose of an investigation and for the enforcement of any breaches of the terms and conditions of use, to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, protect the rights and interests as well as the property of Goldberg LVC.
- Any disclosures for other purposes, including disclosures with any other third parties not mentioned in this policy, shall require your consent. The disclosure of any sensitive personal information shall require your consent.
- We may also share aggregated non-personal information with the public or with any third party for advertising Goldberg LVC.
PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
- Access to the information stored within our servers is restricted to a limited number of Goldberg LVC employees and to users designated on our client’s accounts. Amazon Web Services can access the information only in specific and limited circumstances. Our employees, our clients and these third parties are bound by confidentiality.
- Our servers are protected by a) firewalls establishing a barrier between our trusted, secure internal network and the internet and b) IP restrictions, limiting access to whitelisted IPs.
- Each client may only access information pertaining to the sites it is tracking and to the users browsing on its website pages.
- We use HTTPS for our site pages and services providing secure transfer of data to prevent wiretapping and man-in-the-middle attacks.